Landscaping to Sell - How to Maximize Curb Appeal!
Maximizing Curb Appeal
If you are contemplating putting your home on the market, one of the MOST important things you can do is to update your curb appeal! The outside of your home is the first thing that potential buyers see. It sets the stage for the inside of your home. If your bushes and and flower beds look shabby, and you have peeling paint buyers are going to be turned off right when they pull up. But putting a small amount to effort into the front of your home can reap major returns and increase your equity.
So, how should you approach a big job? – Well if you have the cash, hire a professional to come in and manicure your lawn and garden. But if you are low on cash, or just don’t like the idea of hiring someone to do something you could do yourself – keep reading.
Here are some tips to up your curb appeal:
- Walk your property through the eyes of a buyer (Is there siding that needs repaired? Do you have peeling paint? Maybe the paint is faded? Does your home look bland? What was the first thing you noticed about your home when YOU purchased it? – Highlight that.)
- Add pops of color – Inexpensive plants and flowers can add some much needed color to the front of your home. (You can also add color through paint, maybe on the shutters or door)
- Make sure bushes and trees are trimmed, and the grass is cut neatly (buyers don’t want to have to think about all the work it will require to make the front of the house pretty)
- Cut down or cut back trees that are too close to the house (these are things that will be flagged during the inspection).
- Water your grass! (Green grass is so pretty!)
As always - reach out to us for specific tips to maximize the curb appeal on YOUR home!